Spectrum Brands Hardware and Home Improvement's Medical Plan is available to regular full-time and their families. The cost for this coverage is shared by the Company and its employees. The Spectrum Brands Hardware and Home Improvement's Medical Plan is a network-based plan. Every time participants need care, they decide which doctor, provider, or facility to use. The cost of services and the procedures for filing claims depend on whether the participant uses a provider who is part of the network or seeks treatment outside of the network. Each Medical Plan option covers the same services, regardless of the provider. For both in-network and out-of network services, the Medical Plan provides benefits for preventive care, office visits, surgery and hospitalization, well-woman care, pregnancy, durable medical equipment, lab and X-ray, chiropractic care, emergency room, hospice, and outpatient rehabilitative therapy, as well as other services. Dental
Spectrum Brands Hardware and Home Improvement's Dental Plan is available to regular full-time and their families. The cost for this coverage is shared by the Company and employees.
Coverage under the plans includes:
- Preventive care such as regular exams, cleanings, and X-rays, which are covered at 100% of the reasonable and customary charge with no deductible;
- Basic services such as fillings and oral surgery, which are subject to an annual deductible and require co-payments by the employee;
- Major services such as dentures, crowns, and bridgework, which are subject to an annual deductible and require co-payments by the employee; and
- Orthodontic services, which require co-payments but are not subject to a deductible.
Employees will also have the option to enroll in the Vision Care Program. Each year, employees can receive an eye examination and an allowance towards the purchase of new glasses or contact lenses. Spectrum Brands Hardware and Home Improvement has partnered with one of the largest vision care networks with 45,500 providers in 21,500 locations to choose from. Coverage includes many independent providers including some of the national's top retail chains. Charges are paid by the employee at the time of the visit and then submitted for reimbursement. Prescriptions
Participants in the Spectrum Brands Hardware and Home Improvement Medical Plan are covered by a comprehensive prescription drug program. If employees need a prescription right away, or if they will be taking medication for a short time, they use the retail program, CIGNA Pharmacy. When using any participating pharmacy, employees will pay only a modest co-payment for a 30-day supply of medication. For long-term maintenance medication, a mail order service, CIGNA Tel-Drug, is offered. Through CIGNA Tel-Drug, employees pay a modest co-payment for a 90-day supply of medication. Vacation
Vacations and holidays vary by location. Each site maintains its own policies and practices regarding time off with pay.
- On the first scheduled business day of each month, you will earn vacation hours
- Employee with less than 5 years of service will earn 2 weeks of vacation